Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Red is for Remembrance Pg. 19-38

By: Laurie Faria Stolarz
Summary:
The old man is following Shell through the forest and gaining in speed. He suddenly realizes no one is following him and considers going back to see if he falls. Someone whispers "I know you're alone" and when Shell turns around the man is choking him. Then he wakes up. Shell goes to breakfast and everybody is there. Clay, Lily, the children, and the elders. Clay who is about 17 has the power of the elders like Mason who is near 60. All 20 of them live in cabins without electronics, they eat only natural food cooked over a fire. Clay tells the rest of them about Shells story of last night. How his mission was to steal valuables for the group and for their peaceful ways against the "evil one." Clay goes on to say how he failed in his mission but passed the test. Shell is now considered family. Four months ago, Shell came and if it wasn't for them he would be homeless.  Lily comes up to Shell and tells him she loves him. This shocks Shell and makes Clay envious.

Stacey finds herself looking for her class in a basement leading into darkness. It smells like citrus and a child is saying "come this way or you will pay." The child rolls a ball to her and the floor is filling up like a stream. The child then says "why the frown, scared to drown." More she says, "I may look like a little girl to you, but I'm really a mother of a girl so blue. She needs your help, that's no lie, And if you don't, that boy will die." Suddenly a girl is grabbing at Stacey wrists and ankles. Stacey wakes up and Amber freaks because Stacey is having nightmares again. Luckily there are no side effects. She did sleep in through he meeting. Stacey now is convinced that the boy going to die is Jacob. Amber has her doubts.

Response:
Oh my goodness. I am so confused. Why are there two plots. I thought this series was about Stacey. But in the last two chapters I learned more. So he was homeless and now is in a tree loving, hippie group. I find it quite odd that all of their names are objects or flowers. Shell, Clay, Brick, Lily, and Daisy. I was happy when I read Daisy. I feel a Charles Dickens tie coming up in the two plots. I have a feeling something is going to be wrong in the hippie place. I feel so bad for Stacey. She is so misinterpreting her nightmare. Jacob is definitely dead and she can't except it. Things won't just get normal for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment