Summary:
This chapter began with the exploration of Ray's family's dugout. The place where the first Singleton's lived. Following a river Livvy found a small place that looked like wind or water had ruined it. Livvy concluded this was the place. There she searched for clues or artifacts. She found an old, broken fork. Later that day she polished thinking Ray would be excited but he wasn't. To him it was just an old fork.
The end of the Chapter summarized the thoughts of Livvy, Rose, and Lorelei's ideas of their internment. Ralph Carr was the only politician who supported the welcoming of Japanese people. The girls went shopping and on their way back a man did not approach Livvy because she was with them. This got her thinking of what the thoughts of Rose and Lorelei were. They were used to being excluded for their race. But they gave up their business, schooling, and house because of the government's ideas. Livvy found this hard to grasp.
Response:
I only had time to read on chapter so I did. This chapter really got me thinking. It wasn't the current Japanese Americans who bombed Pearl Harbor so why are they getting punished. They are loosing the lives they dreamed of and came to America to seek. I am really glad that I didn't live back then. Personally I think everyone should be equal and I don't people believe people should be shunned on their race or what their race does. I have to congratulate not only Livvy and Rose but for all the loyal Japanese Americans who were loyal to America even though they went through harsh times. I know other countries do bad things but there is a time where we just need to put things behind us and move on.
![]() |
| I was looking for a broken fork and I found this. I thought it was funny and worth sharing. |

No comments:
Post a Comment