Thursday, January 20, 2011

Mistaken Identity Pg. 221-End

Written by Don and Susie Van Ryn and Newell, Colleen, And Whitney Cerak with Mark Tabb

Summary:
The concluding three chapters began, with results from Whitney's CT scan. The doctor said it would take two to three years to fully recover and be similar to a forest growing back after a hurricane. The family truly realized the severity of her brain injury. Later in the chapter, Whitney constantly wants her dog Hunter and wants nothing more than to get better and go home. The family tries to tell Whitney what happened and what kind of accident she was in. But while reading people magazine, she soon thinks she is in a dream no matter what her family and friends tell her.

The second to last chapter, was a collage of blogs starting with Whitney's dad and ending with Whitney herself writing her first blog about her recovery.

After waiting what seems like a lifetime to go back to Taylor University, Whitney wants to come home because she feels she is not the same person she used to be. Because of the results of her neuropsych exam that said she was in the 8th grade level, she took less classes than normal. She felt out of place, because of her classes. But towards the end of the semester her results said she was where she should be a sophomore in college. The end of the last chapter described the thoughts of Mrs. Van Ryn at a bible camp. She describes her thoughts and memories of Laura when she used to go to camp in the summer.

Response:
I love the environment so when they explain what happens to the brain after a severe brain injury I understood it. I was so happy. When Whitney wanted her dog I thought it was very touching because I would want to see my cats as soon as possible.


This is my cat Darby!
This is my cat Wendy











Whenever I get good grades I always tell my parents so when Whitney called about her good results I was excited along with her. I couldn't imagine the feelings going through Whitney's mind when she was back at Taylor. I would love seeing all my friends again but I also hate being the center of attention especially after something as big as the accident. Getting stares and awkward "hello, I'm glad you're back?" is embarrassing to her and would be to me too.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty cats. I've never had one, but when I imagine getting a cat, it looks like yours.

    ReplyDelete