Friday, January 21, 2011

The Magic of Ordinary Days Prologue Pg. 1-7

By Ann Howard Creel

Summary:
The information given in the prologue gave background and thoughts of the main the main character. The story is told by Olivia Dunne or Livvy the main character. Her sisters have surpassed her by getting married to high ranking officers and medical doctors. Her aunts go on and on about how Livvy needs to marry one of the same stature. During World War II marrying a man of uniform was ideal.

But Livvy is pursuing her masters in history at the University of Denver not her MRS degree. She soon wanted to travel the world with archaelogist and anthropists and excavate sealed tombs in Egypt. But she knew who place and put everything on hold to take care of her mother who was dying from cancer. After her death, she watched her dad turn completely opposite and shut everything that would remind him of his wife away.

Response:
I was so excited to read this book after I watched the movie with my mom. I quickly looked it up on the internet and picked it up at my library. I love books that take place in the past. I love reading the language because it's so much nicer than in modern times. Also, the language is addictive during the love parts because it truely comes from the heart. It touches my heart to know that she gave up her dream to take care of her mother. But it breaks my hearts that her father shut everything away so he wouldn't think of her. I know this book is really good and I am so excited!

*Livvy is played by Keri Russel and Skeet Ulrich plays Ray who we will meet later in the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment