Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Silver is for Secrets Pg. 1-26

By: Laurie Faria Stolarz
Summary:
3 a.m. and Stacey Brown cannot sleep. There is a tugging in her gut and she feels something horrible is going to happen. She goes to the beach but she still can't relax. She returns to her bed to sleep. When Stacey wakes up there is red blood everywhere. She just had a major nose bleed all over her face and bed. Everyone is now up and making breakfast. Some are eating Nutella, others egg sandwiches. PJ, Chad, Jacob, Amber, Drea, and Stacey are all here on vacation before they all head off to college. Because of the boys nasty habits, the girls and boys sleep separately. Immediately Jacob, Stacey's boyfriend, senses something is wrong with Stacey. Soon the door bell rings and it is a girl named Clara. Clara is 15 and from Hartford. She came looking for somebody but they weren't there. Drea got jealous so she left and soon everybody followed but Stacey. As Clara was leaving Stacey shook her hand. Instantly she sensed that Clara is going to die. After reassurance that Clara was staying with her parents Stacey went back to bed.

Stacey can't see and she is really cold. She hears a female voice saying "don't tell anyone." Stacey wonders if it is Clara. The voice then says "if you tell, I will make you pay." She can't move and now the female is crying. All that Stacey sees is white except the blood on the female. When she awakes Jacob is there but she can't remember her nightmare. She tells Jacob what she can remember but she thinks the words are secrets. She asks if Jacob is having nightmares but she says not about Clara. Before he leaves he says "I love you" to Stacey. She loves him in her heart but can't bring herself to say it. She just wants to be normal.
 
Response:
Another sequel to White is for Magic. I love this series so much. I was confused in the beginning because I didn't know where she was. I was pretty sure there was no beach outside her room at school. It is so nice to hear the Stacey and Jacob are still together. It is very awkward that all the exes are living under the same roof. I feel bad for Stacey. This is her time for relaxation but she know senses Clara is going to die. Great. A perfectly innocent girl. I like how the author put "I'll make you pay" on the cover of this book. It is different from the "I'm watching you" on the first two. It's kind of creepy if someone didn't know anything about the book.

I wish I was at the beach and it was summer. I am so tired of doing homework 24/7. I really liked page 26. About the I love yous. I think saying "I love you" is sacred. So, I agree with Stacey. Saying "I love you" is a marriage sort of thing. You can only say it if you mean it. They aren't just something you throw at some random guy. But Jacob is good. Stacey knows she loves him.

No comments:

Post a Comment