Monday, April 18, 2011

White is for Magic Pg. 264-279

By: Laurie Faria Stolarz
Summary:
Stacey gets back to her room and finds that Jacob drew a girl jumping rope and a tree on her chest. Scared, Stacey remembers that Miles Parker drove into a tree, Maura flew through the windshield, and then carried Maura into his tool shed where she was later found. He got 7-10 years and 4 years on parole, 4 months ago. This reminds Stacey about the angry letter she sent him. She promised to come after him after her got out and she would make him pay.

Stacey gets a phone call, with a male caller on the other line, that says he has Drea. She wonders if it is Cory and his reenacting business. She has to go or they will kill Drea. She calls her friends but no one is answering. She leaves anyways because she has to meet them at 11 and she wants to get there early. On her way someone is following. She runs into the library and she still feels watched. Following her path she goes to the O'Brian building.

She enters the window like she did and year ago but when she gets inside there is a thumping on the window. In the dark hallway she feels paint and a jump rope. Over the loud speaker is Donovan's voice saying "I'm Watching You." She finds Emma and Trish lighting candles in the old French room. They are talking about if Stacey is even there yet. Over and over again is Donovan's voice on the speaker.

Response:
As I get farther and farther into the book more is revealed about Maura's death. Maura was flown through a windshield she Miles drove into a tree. Well Miles first mistake was drinking and driving. The first is really taking Maura. Maura should have on her seat belt while in the car. Not going to the hospital is another thing. What was Miles planning on doing if they got to his place intact. I can't imagine the pain of going through a windshield. Cory and his friends are so stupid. The amount of emotions being built up inside Stacey, Drea, and Donna have to be enormous. Drea was almost killed why would you want to bring that back. No one would want to bring back the horrible images of their death. Cory and Tobias have to be crazy and should be sent to jail for even thinking it. I bet Donovan started off like them. How in the world did Donovan get out of jail. It is impossible. He killed Veronica.

I couldn't stop reading like I normally do. I read to the end of the book because this book got me so involved. I had to find out. The beginning of the book may be slower but the ending is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment