By: Laurie Faria Stolarz
Summary:
Stacey returns to the cottage and sees Chad. He comments on how Jacob has been distant. As Chad and Stacey have a friendly hug Jacob walks in. Stacey asks Jacob about his talk with Clara. He claims that he just went to the beach, at a .a.m., and said nothing to her. She needs to trust him he says and that he is not jealous when Chad and her were hugging. To see clearly, Stacey goes to bed to see more clearly just after she rights she rights TRUST on a paper.
Stacey wakes up and goes outside to see the beach and the Clam Stripper completely winter-like vacant. She goes to the bathroom but while warming her hands the door shuts making it dark. There are sounds of footsteps and giggling. The girls asks if Stacey is looking for her and that Clara is dead because she let her die. On the mirror Stacey reads CLARA WAS HERE and Friday's date. It's Clara in the bathroom and she says her body is on the beach. She middle is all bloody. Stacey sees Drea's chocolates and a voodoo doll with pins in it that looks like Stacey. Out the window is the ocean like the bathroom is in the middle of the ocean. The man carrying the bouquet is drowning in the ocean. Stacey tries to grab for the doll but Clara grabs her and makes Stacey screams.
Stacey fears her danger. Drea and Amber come and tell her that they were asked is Chad has a temper. They also inform her that Casey was yelling at her ex. They all head to the photographer's cottage because he could be to blame. They get inside and find perverted photos of them, Clara and other girls. They escape after hearing the door lam. Almost being caught.
Response:
![]() |
| Hiding Something |
The past couple of chapters involved trust. Without trust, a lot of blaming would be done. Even with all the trust talk there is also doubt. Stacey doesn't know who to trust. I feel though she does trust Jacob for than she does Clara. She knows Jacob of more. In her heart, she feels that she trusts Jacob even though she knows he is hiding something. Even after her latest nightmare, she is not reassured. She is more scared than before. Clara's life, the drowning man, and her life now all seem in danger. I really like the above drowning photo. You don't know where the hands come from or who the person under the water is. It is mysterious just like this book.
I have one giant question that cannot be answered from the book. I just don't understand the layout of the cottages. I read they are all the same but I don't get it. The rooms, living room, and kitchen are all separate yet connected. When the girls were leaving the photographer's cottage though they went from the bedrooms to the living room without being seen from the kitchen. I picture the layout more open. I see the kitchen opening up to the living room that has a door to the ocean but that can't be right. It is a slight detail but I don't get it.



No comments:
Post a Comment