Friday, April 15, 2011

White is for Magic Pg. 211-241

By: Laurie Faria Stolarz
Summary:
Similar to where they ate breakfast
When Stacey arrives back at her dorm her mother is there and Drea is out with Chad. Stacey leaves with her mother for breakfast. She wants Stacey to look at her nightmares closely. She breaks the news by saying she had a nightmare that her cousin died and then she did die in the same way as in the dream. This shocks Stacey. After all of this time without her mother's help. Her mother though, thought she was helping and protecting her.

Stacey gets back to her dorm and finds Drea and Chad staring lovingly at each other. They claim they only talked on their ride together. Chad wants to go with Stacey but Stacey keeps declining. Drea then starts crying. Stacey decides to go to Jacob's. There she realizes she doesn't know his last name to find him. She finds that his last name is Leblanc. She wants to do a spell with him but he says spells reveal personal things that he is not ready for so she leaves.


*An inside joke

Stacey then heads for her mother's hotel room. They have long talk about Stacey's nightmares. Her mother helps clarify her dream a bit. She says the is Maura is from her past maybe so is her promise. Maura vomited before she died because her kidnapper gave her alcohol. Jacob dreamed of Stacey vomiting because of a hangover. Her mother quotes her grandmother by saying "what happens in the past doesn't always stay in the past. It comes out in our present and future." Her mother's final statement was that this could be Stacey's second chance.


Stacey goes on a walk and finds a cemetery with crowd. Donna is there and gives wildflower's to Stacey. As Stacey approaches the casket it is her inside. She is wearing her current clothing. She then see her Grandmother and Maura.  Her grandmother is carrying a white candle. When Stacey looks at her headstone it gives her death date as today. 

Response:
I can't believe her mother had nightmares like Stacey. She watched her daughter suffer and did nothing. It is one thing to protect your daughter but sympathy, think, is more soothing and reassuring. Adding to the amount of Stacey's stress is Chad and Drea. I know Drea has been jealous but they broke up and she said it was ok. The crying was way too much also. This is a time in which I would slap some sense into her. I know she wants to steal Chad. I don't agree with Stacey, Chad and her are not even for their "almost" cheating. They both did wrong and shouldn't ignore it. They need to talk about it because clearly they are interested in other people. I feel like a relationship counselor.

In the previous book, Maura's case never involved alcohol. I was surprised when I read this. Why would a creep give a young child alcohol. It is scary now because Stacey is throwing up now too and it was in Jacob's dream. I really love all the book title references. I don't like it when books only have the book title in a random line in the book. Titles should represent the book like the white candle and magic. Stacey has to know it's real. She is going to die soon because she saw herself in a casket. Jacob is having nightmares that Stacey later has that become real. That is almost inception right there.

*When I searched google for a pink headstone like Stacey's I found this. At first I though it was a coincidence, but then I read the dates. Mary Winchester is in the show supernatural that I love. She is the dead mother of the main characters who go out and hunt ghost and demons. Best show ever and highly recommended. I read the website where I found it and it was a site for pinks things that shouldn't be. The person didn't know who Mary Winchester was so I informed him/her. This was just one of those chuckle moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment