By: Laurie Faria Stolarz
Summary:
Stacey, Drea, and Amber soon find themselves in the Hangman Cafe (named because of the legend of the girl who hung herself there) to see Veronica Leeman. They exchange a few rude comments but then get talking. Veronica has been getting the same stuff as Drea, 3 lilies. Drea now knows she nees to be nice to her. Drea then leaves and stays at her aunts house leaving Stacey alone in their room. She starts to wonder why the man called them. The two are completely different. Then the phone rings. He wants to talk to her. After hanging up a couple times she finds that he knows she is a witch/pyschic and that she is alone. He wants her to stay away from Drea or he will find her. Then he comments about her sheets. Stacey looks out the window and finds them.
While washing her sheets there is another phone call. This time it is Chad. He wants help on his pysics homework and wants to come over. She knows she is alone. When he arrives he says he wishes the man would call. To prove that he wasn't him. They get talking, not about pysics, but about them. He asks if she thinks it is him so she asks. He replys he is one of them. Chad likes Drea only as a friend but likes Stacey more. Then they kiss.
They decide to go on a walk in the woods but when he leaves to pee he never comes back. Stacey sets out to find him. Suddenly she has to pee. While walking she trips on a ditch that spells out DREA. She finds a porta-john but it is locked. She then finds a house and enters in darkness. There are 4 rooms and there is someone coming. She tries to escape but then a phone rings. He is screaming to answer it. She notices him behind her and realizes and remarking..."it's you" at the end.
Response:
So when they talk about Veronica Leeman they say both her first name and her last. Sort of like what common people do to celebrities. Jennifer Lopez not Jennifer, Cameron Diaz not Cameron, Justin Bieber not Justin. Clearly Veronica is popular but really. Why is Stacey getting in the way of the man? Who is the man? You can't make girls split. They are a part of eachother. Serious her dirty sheets. Who really want's them. It is one thing to take them clean but dirty?
It is sweet for Chad to comeover but I couldn't really understand if he was the creeper man. He is the one? What does that mean. Why would he creep on Drea and Veronica if he like Stacey? So many many questions. Ugh... it is a nightmare! First Chad had to pee. Hello! Clue number 1. Then she does. She needs a way to wake herself up before I do. I hate cliff hangers but I can't read anymore. WHO IS IT??!!
There is one thing I love about this author. It is the way the author puts in girls thoughts. I would totally have this thought if I was stacey.
"You're sitting on my nanoclusters," I say (homework)
..."Did I really just say that? I motion with a nod at the report beneath his perfectly rounded butt cheeks ...Still, the newly formed butt-indentations in the soft white paper almost make me want to frame it."


No comments:
Post a Comment